REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EXTENSION)
Republic of Tajikistan
Project Management Group
under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan (Rogun PMG)
Assignment Title: Occupational Health and Safety Specialist for Rogun Project Management Group
Reference No. (as per Procurement Plan): RHPP/CS/IC-10/
The Republic of Tajikistan has applied for financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Technical Assistance for Financing Framework for Rogun Hydropower Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services of Occupational Health and Safety Specialist for Rogun Project Management Group.
The main task carried out by Occupational Health and Safety Specialist is to review and evaluate OHS programs of the Employer’s Representative and the HPP construction contractors, attending and providing advice on induction training provided by the Employer’s Representative and by each of EPC and early works Contractors, Interviewing construction managers, OHS managers, and safety personnel to assess their capacity to implement the approved programs, conducting OHS audits of active construction and demolition sites, and visits to representative sites where there will be future construction or demolition activities, etc.
The Terms of Reference for the assignment can be found at the following link:
- Undergraduate and/or graduate degrees in relevant science of engineering. Four years’ experience as a safety manager may be substituted for an undergraduate or graduate degree.
- 15+ years’ experience in designing and implementing occupational health and safety programs at construction sites.
- 10+ years’ experience as a safety manager at underground mining/tunneling sites.
- 5+ years’ experience as a safety manager at construction sites in steep and complex terrain.
- 10+ years of experience in applying World Bank and/or international safety standards at mining and hydropower projects, including experience in applying the World Bank’s 2018 ESF.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Experience in Central Asia
- Experience in Tajikistan/other developing countries and fluency in Russian and/or Tajik a plus.
The Projects Management Group for Energy Facilities Construction under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan now invites eligible individual consultants to express their interest in providing the services. Interested Consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (CV, copy of documents evidencing appropriate qualifications and skills, experience and competence related to the task, description of similar tasks performed, references, etc.).
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 and revised November 2017, August 2018, and November 2020 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the selection of Individual Consultants (IC)method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Interested Consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours 09:00 to 17:00 hours of Dushanbe/Tajikistan time.
CVs must be delivered electronically to the email address specified below by August 14, 2023 (17:00 p.m.).
Attn: Mr. Pulod Muhiddiniyon
Projects Management Group for Energy Facilities Construction
under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan
5/1 Shamsi str., 6 th floor, 734064, Dushanbe
Tel.:(+992 37) 235 74 17