REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Republic of Tajikistan
Project Management Group
under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan (Rogun PMG)
Assignment Title: Social – Resettlement Expert, Environmental and Social Panel of Experts
Reference No. (as per Procurement Plan): RHPP/CS/IC/_12
The Republic of Tajikistan has applied for financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Technical Assistance for Financing Framework for Rogun Hydropower Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services of Social-Resettlemnt Expert, Environmental and Social Panel of Experts.
The main task carried out by Social-Resettlement Expert, Environmental and Social Panel of Experts is to visit the construction site on a one-week familiarization visit, review draft outputs by the consultant to be appointed by Client for updating the ESIA and overall management program, provide specific technical advice to the Resettlement Unit and its consultants/contractors on additional measures that may be needed to manage and implement the Phase 2 RAP and livelihood restoration program to ensure compliance with applicable requirements, work collaboratively with other members of the E&S and Dam Safety Panels and with other consultants and experts involved, etc.
The Terms of Reference for the assignment can be found at the following link:
- Advanced degree (Master’s or Doctorate) in a relevant field, which could include sociology, psychology, anthropology, human relations, or other relevant social science.
- At least fifteen (15) years of experience in preparing and managing the preparation of ESIAs for large scale infrastructure projects including dams and hydropower that meet the requirements of the World Bank (either World Bank safeguard policies or the newer World Bank ESF, ideally both) and/or other international financial institutions, and good international industry practice.
- At least fifteen (15) years of experience in preparing and managing the preparation and implementation of resettlement action plans and livelihood restoration plans for large-scale physical and economic displacement to meet the requirements of the World Bank (either previous safeguard policies or the newer ESF, ideally both) and/or other international financial institutions, and good international industry practice.
- At least ten (10) years of experience in preparing and implementing stakeholder engagement plans for large hydropower projects and experience with projects that involve international impacts.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with the implementation of the World Bank ESF, and/or the safeguard standards of other international financial institutions, and with good international industry practice, including the World Bank Group General Environmental, Health, and Safety Guidelines (EHSGs)Successful experience working on teams of senior professionals, including integrating findings and developing actionable recommendations.
- Fluency in spoken and written English required, fluency in Russian and/or Tajik an advantage.
- Willingness to provide references who will attest to past performance.
The Projects Management Group for Energy Facilities Construction under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan now invites eligible individual consultants to express their interest in providing the services. Interested Consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (CV, copy of documents evidencing appropriate qualifications and skills, experience and competence related to the task, description of similar tasks performed, references, etc.).
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 and revised November 2017, August 2018, and November 2020 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the selection of Individual Consultants (IC) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Interested Consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours 09:00 to 17:00 hours of Dushanbe/Tajikistan time.
CVs must be delivered to the address below by September 14, 2022 (17:00 p.m.).
Attn: Mr. Pulod Muhiddiniyon
Projects Management Group for Energy Facilities Construction
under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan
5/1 Shamsi str., 6 th floor, 734064, Dushanbe
Tel.:(+992 37) 235 74 17