REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Republic of Tajikistan
Technical Assistance for Financing Framework for
Rogun Hydropower Project
Consulting services: Environmental and Social Specialist
The Government of the Republic of Tajikistan has applied for financing from the World Bank in the amount of US$15,000,000 toward the cost of the Technical Assistance for Financing Framework for Rogun Hydropower Project.
Main objectives of the assignment
The main task carried out by Environmental and Social Specialist is overall implementation, supervision and monitoring of project works in accordance with the ESMP and reporting on the environmental and social aspects of the project, verification of compliance with environmental requirements in the workplace, supervise the contractor teams to ensure that all environmental and social obligations outlined in the ESIA/ESMP have been incorporated into construction work and work processes.
- University degree (Master’s or PhD) in environmental engineering or environmental sciences or other relevant technical field. Specialization in biodiversity or occupational health and safety would be an advantage.
- At least fifteen (10) years of experience in preparing and leading the preparation of ESIAs for large-scale infrastructure projects, including dams and hydropower that meet the requirements of the World Bank (either the World Bank Safeguard Policies or the new Environmental and Social Framework (ESF)) and/or other International Financial Institutions, and best international industry practice.
- At least ten (10) years of experience in the preparation and implementation of environmental and social management and mitigation plans for large hydropower projects, including work related to biodiversity conservation and dam safety.
- Good knowledge of environmental legislation of the Republic of Tajikistan;
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the implementation of the World Bank E&S Framework (ESF), the General Environment, Health and Safety Guidelines (EHSG) of the World Bank Group and/or the environmental and social policies of other International Financial Institutions, as well as good international industry practices.
- Successful experience of working in teams of specialists, including the integration of findings and the development of practical recommendations
- Fluency in verbal and written English, fluency in Russian and/or Tajik will be an advantage.
- Previous experience with similar assignments will be an asset
- Computer literate;
- Outstanding communicational, presentational and organizational abilities.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 and revised November 2017, August 2018, and November 2020 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours 09:00 to 17:00 (local time).
CVs with a cover letter with indication of position should be sent electronically to the email address specified below or delivered to the address below by January 8, 2023, 17:00 (local time).
Attn: Mr. Pulod Muhiddiniyon
Projects Management Group for Energy Facilities Construction
under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan
5/1 Shamsi str., 6 th floor, 734064, Dushanbe
Tel.:(+992 37) 235 74 17