REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (EXTENSION)
(CONSULTING SERVICES – FIRMS SELECTION)
Assignment Title: Design and Implementation Support for Benefit Sharing Program for Rogun HPP Project
Reference No. (as per Procurement Plan): RHPP/CS/QCBS/3
Republic of Tajikistan
Project Management Group
under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan (Rogun PMG)
Consulting services for Design and Implementation Support for Benefit Sharing Program for Rogun HPP Project
Contract reference: RHPP/CS/QCBS/3
The Republic of Tajikistan has applied for financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Technical Assistance for Financing Framework for Rogun Hydropower Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include Design and Implementation Support for Benefit Sharing Program for Rogun HPP Project. The objective of this assignment is to (i) review the Tajik legal and regulatory framework relevant to benefit sharing mechanisms, etc.; (ii) review relevant international experience and identify options on benefit sharing to increase support by local communities for hydropower projects, based on international experiences; (iii) conduct consultations with communities that are directly and indirectly affected by the dam, etc iv) analyze and propose options for benefit sharing arrangements and activities during the construction and operation phases of the project. It will include the following main Tasks:
- Task 1: Review of Tajik laws and regulations in implementing hydropower projects related to roles/responsibility of local government/community, etc.
- Task 2: Review of current practices/experiences on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) by public and private sector developers and investors in electricity generation projects, etc.
- Task 3: The Rogun TA Project will be updating ESIA/ESMP, preparing a Resettlement Policy Framework (RPF), preparing other environmental and assessments and plans, as needed, etc.
- Task 4: Conduct consultations with communities that are directly and indirectly affected by the dam (including upstream and downstream communities), etc.
- Task 5: Provision to Rogun PMG of information and analysis of local (e.g. CASA Community Support Project and commitments under CASA-1000 Project) and international experience, best practice, and lessons learned in benefit sharing which are relevant and feasible to Tajikistan and the Rogun HPP, etc.
- Task 6: Preparation of proposals for design of benefit sharing program, including description of possible financial arrangements and governance for sharing project revenues and other benefits of the Rogun HPP Project, etc.
- Task 7: Preparation of operational guidelines or Operations Manual to govern the day-to-day operations of the selected benefit sharing program for the Rogun HPP Project, etc.
- Task 8: Provide implementation support to the relevant government entity(ies) in implementation of the benefit sharing program during the first 12 months after its launch.
The Terms of Reference (TOR) for the primary procurement stage for the assignment are attached to this request for expressions of interest and can be found at the following link:
The Projects Management Group for Energy Facilities Construction under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
|· General experience of not less than 7 years in design of benefit sharing programs under large infrastructure projects (energy, transport, water supply, other); In the evaluation matrix the weight of the General Experience will be 50%, out of 100%.|
- Specific experience in design and implementation support for benefit sharing programs related to electricity generation projects (larger than 300 MW);. In the evaluation matrix the weight of the Specific Experience will be 50% out of 100%.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 and revised November 2017, August 2018, and November 2020 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications, but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub-consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality-And-Cost Based Selection method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Further information can be obtained via e-mail given below.
Expressions of interest must be prepared in English and submitted electronically (in PDF format) to the email addresses mentioned below by April 12, 2023, 17:00 of Dushanbe local time.
Attn: Mr. Pulod Muhiddiniyon
Projects Management Group for Energy Facilities Construction
under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan
5/1 Shamsi str., 6 th floor, 734064, Dushanbe
Tel.:(+992 37) 235 74 17