REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EXTENSION)
Republic of Tajikistan
Project Management Group
under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan (Rogun PMG)
Assignment Title: Engineering Geology & Hydrogeology Expert
Reference No. (as per Procurement Plan): RHPP/CS/IC/6
The Republic of Tajikistan has applied for financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Technical Assistance for Financing Framework for Rogun Hydropower Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services of Engineering Geology & Hydrogeology Expert.
The main task carried out by Engineering Geology & Hydrogeology Expert is to general review of the engineering geology and hydrogeology reports on the site and the project components, provide geological inputs on the following issues, Seismicity, fault activity, in situ stresses, triggered seismicity, salt and gypsum dissolution, hydrogeology, reservoir and dams tightness, geological inputs for slope stability analyses at the project site (Atypical zone, dams, permanent intake, right bank portals and energy dissipation structures, others) and at the reservoir area, foundation definition and treatment (by support, grouting or others), construction materials investigations, monitoring in relation with engineering geology (slopes, dams abutments and underground works), contractual requirements, etc.
The Terms of Reference for the assignment can be found at the following link:
- Master Degree in geology and/or applied geosciences to large civil engineering projects.
- English fluent (speaking and writing).
- 25 years overall experience on various geological and hydrogeological aspects on large dam projects.
- Relevant experiences in project siting (feasibility, detailed studies, etc.) preferably on hydropower projects.
- Relevant experiences in construction supervision, design, and quality control of large civil engineering projects including dams, tunnels, caverns, reservoirs.
- At least one previous experience as a POE member on a dam project
- Extensive investigation works (drilling, geophysics, mapping, etc.) for a large hydropower project including a high dam and sizeable underground works (powerhouse caverns and large diameter tunnels).
- Large scale instability processes analysis and monitoring.
- Large surface excavations preparation, treatment.
- Hydrogeology and dissolution processes.
The Projects Management Group for Energy Facilities Construction under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan now invites eligible individual consultants to express their interest in providing the services. Interested Consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (CV, copy of documents evidencing appropriate qualifications and skills, experience and competence related to the task, description of similar tasks performed, references, etc.).
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 and revised November 2017, August 2018, and November 2020 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the selection of Individual Consultants (IC) method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Interested Consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours 09:00 to 17:00 hours of Dushanbe/Tajikistan time.
CVs must be delivered to the address below by July 4, 2022 (17:00 p.m.).
Attn: Mr. Pulod Muhiddiniyon
Projects Management Group for Energy Facilities Construction
under the President of the Republic of Tajikistan
5/1 Shamsi str., 6 th floor, 734064, Dushanbe
Tel.:(+992 37) 235 74 17